Friday, October 11, 2013

Gratitude


Speech Act

We use these expressions to express gratitude.
  •       Thank you.
  •       Thanks.
  •       Thank you very much.
 We use these expressions to respond to gratitude.
  •        That's all right
  •        My pleasure
  •        You are welcome
  •        No problem
  •        Don't mention it
 We use these expressions to express apology.
  •        Sorry
  •        I am very sorry
  •        I apologise for...
  •        Please excuse me
  •        Please accept my apology
 We use these expressions to respond to apology.
  • ·         Never mind
  • ·         That’s all right
  • ·         That’s OK
  • ·        Please don’t be sorry
  •       It doesn’t matter
 We use these expressions to ask information
  • Excuse me. What is your name ?
  • Can you tell me where you live ?
  • Can you help me find the laboratory ?
  • Sorry to trouble you, but do you know where Anisa is ?
  • Do you happen to know where the bank is ?
  • Could anyone tell me when the test is ?
 We use these expressions to give information 

  • ·         My name is Edo
  • ·         I live in Jalan Setiabudhi
  • ·         Anisa is in the post office
  • ·         Take your first right
  • ·         Go straigh up the street. It’s on the left 
  • ·         The test is on June 11th, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment